Access World (100% subsidiary of Glencore PLC) is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business. Access World has its Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, each with their own corporate functions including commercial, finance, legal, and operations. The Regional Head Office for the Asia Pacific business is in Singapore and is responsible for China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Reports to the Head of Commercial, APAC in Singapore, the highly motivated individual will have the relevant skill sets, to lead, manage and develop dry bulk shipping and chartering business.
Duties will include but not limiting to:
- Manage existing client relationships whilst bring on board new accounts and develop new growth opportunity across a wide geographic region.
- Responsible to charter vessels, negotiate the best rates and terms for the company.
- In-charge of all operational aspects of vessel’s chartered by the company.
- Develop brokers and operators relationship.
- Liaise with brokers, charterers, port terminals, stevedores, agents etc. to ensure all shipments run smoothly.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Involve in handling and settlement of any issues, disputes related with chartering vessels.
- Gathering and developing market insights from sources and stakeholders to better anticipate market changes and develop opportunities.
- Demonstrate to generate revenues, control expenses, create efficiencies, and motivate team members to maximize profitability.
Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Degree in Maritime study or equivalent, at least 5 years’ proven track record in bulk shipping business on variety of cargoes (e.g. metal, minerals, project and general cargoes (OOG), agriculture, etc.).
- Profound knowledge of the shipping terms and attention to detail during negotiations.
- Strong negotiation, leadership, organizational and excellent communication skills.
- Able to work independently, efficiently and reliably under pressure.
- Effective time management and networking skills, problem solving skills and a high degree of resourcefulness.
- Self-motivated and have a strong determination to develop new business and independently manage your own cargo book/period vessels.
- Resourceful with excellent commercial and entrepreneurial flair are critical to the success of this role.
- Flexible in working with partners from different time zone when required.
- Multi-lingual preferably Chinese (Mandarin), Korean will be advantageous.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.