Access World (100% subsidiary of Glencore PLC) is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business. Access World has its Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, each with their own corporate functions including commercial, finance, legal, and operations. The Regional Head Office for the Asia Pacific business is in Singapore and is responsible for China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
We are currently seeking to appoint a highly motivated individual to the role of Manager, Commercial Freight & Project Cargo SEA. Reporting to the Head Of Commercial, SEA based in Klang Valley, the individual will have the relevant skill sets, capable of establishing and developing vendor relationships in SEA region, including transporters/brokers and port operators etc.
Duties will include but not limiting to:
- Hunting for new freight and project cargo business focusing on SEA import/export to the world;
- Build new client base and nurture existing ones through meaningful interaction;
- Increase Access World visibility and foothold in relevant markets including mining, metals and mineral, agricultural, oil & gas markets;
- Leverage from own network in SEA and further establish relationships with various partners not limited to associations, breakbulk vessel brokers/operators, Tier 1 and Tier 2 carrier agents and freight forwarders in key countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Address internal and external operational issues, liaising and coordinating with vendors (ports operators, authorities, transporters etc.) and internal clients;
- Communicate, share and collaborate with all overseas Access World branches on Freight & Project leads to and from SEA;
- Monthly commercial activity reporting in form of current sales pipeline.
Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Minimum a Degree from a recognized University;
- Only those with minimum 5 years sales experience with proven achievement in bringing in new sales need to apply;
- Result oriented with strong ability to prioritize tasks in order to achieve sales target assigned;
- Resourceful with excellent commercial and entrepreneurial flair are critical to the success of this role;
- An accomplished self-starter who is able to hands-on/lead the whole cycle of commercial process from acquisition to fulfillment;
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and fast paced working environment;
- Ability to travel regularly locally and regionally when required (20%);
- Flexible in working with partners from different time zone when required;
- Good influencing skills with a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork;
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skill;
- Experience in any of project cargo/mining/oil & gas/agricultural industries is preferred.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume to Benny.Yang@accessworld.com.