Access World is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business. Access World has its Head Office in Zug, Switzerland and operates in various regions across Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia-Pacific, each with their own corporate functions including commercial, finance, legal, and operations. The Regional Head Office for the Asia Pacific business is in Singapore and is responsible for China, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
We are a diverse and dynamic company looking for people who are driven, committed, and hands-on. We are currently seeking to appoint highly motivated individual to the role of Manager, Commercial. Reporting to the General Manager based in Thailand and Head of Commercial – SEA based in Malaysia, the individual will have the relevant skill sets, capable of establishing and developing relationships with customers, transporter/brokers, carriers and port operators.
Duties will include but not limiting to:
- Hunt for new freight and project cargo business focusing on SEA import/export to the world
- Build new client base and nurture existing through meaningful interaction
- Increase Access World visibility and foothold in relevant markets including mining, metals, mineral, agricultural, oil & gas markets
- Leverage from own network in Thailand and further establish relationships with various partners not limiting to associations, breakbulk vessel brokers/operators, Tier 1 and Tier 2 carrier agents and freight forwarders in key countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Procurement of project cargo and ocean freight rates locally and internationally
- Spearhead the establishment and growth of freight & project cargo in a warehousing environment
- Provide good business solution/proposal internally and externally
- Address internal and external operational issues, liaising and coordinating with vendors (ports operators, authorities, transporters etc.) and internal clients
- Communicate, share and collaborate with all overseas Access World branches on Freight & Project leads to and from Thailand
- Monthly commercial activity reporting in form of current sales pipeline
Potential candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Resourceful with excellent commercial and entrepreneurial flair are critical to the success of this role
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience with proven achievement in bringing in new sales
- Minimum a college degree from an internationally recognized University
- Result oriented with strong ability to prioritize tasks in order to achieve sales target
- An accomplished self-starter who is able to hands-on/lead the whole cycle of commercial process from acquisition to fulfilment
- Ability to work effectively in a high pressure and fast paced working environment
- Ability to travel regularly locally and regionally when required (20%)
- Flexible in working with partners from different time zone when required
- Experience in any of project cargo/mining/oil & gas/agricultural industries preferred
If you wish to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.