At Access World the Netherlands we are looking for an ambitious Ocean Freight Sales Representative with a hands on mentality. Access World is a dynamic and ambitious organization in which quality & development are top priorities. You will get the opportunity to develop your talents though training and mentorship from experienced management.
In this role you will be operational involved on both execution and acquisition level. You will be active at the European freight desk in collaboration with the Global ocean freight desk. The position must ensure further business development and execution of the commercial ocean freight strategy for Europe, aimed at increasing the volume of direct ocean freight bookings. The incumbent will be instrumental in driving sales, expanding markets, share and tapping into new market opportunities.
As Ocean Freight Sales Representative, you are to drive the overall ocean freight bookings and logistics sales that may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Seek new business opportunities and maintain relationships with existing customers.
- Be active at the freight desk, supporting with operational work and provide Freight and Transport inquiries for both Breakbulk and Containerized shipments.
- Track industry developments and target new business based on market research. Make recommendations on commercial ocean freight strategy to Regional Management.
- Attract business through the most effective channels: cold calling, conferences, setting up client meetings.
- Prepare P&L for costing on all business accounts/opportunities and translate into accurate business confirmations.
- In collaboration with the Commercial and logistics team, establish and maintain statistical customer information and rate data to monitor focus areas and sales activity.
- Present approved customer profiles and work with internal departments to ensure accuracy in new account setup.
- Communicate with Customer Service department regarding all information on customer changes and updates to help strengthen business relationship and prevent potential issues.
- Prepare meeting and/or presentation materials for internal/external purposes.
- Sourcing of freight and transport providers according to company’s standards and /customers’ requirements.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a Freight Forwarding environment, with sales experience.
- Hands-on mentality.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Meticulous, responsible and positive working attitude.
- Room for learning and skill development.
- Adaptable and able accommodate prevailing conditions.
- Collaboration with different teams of experienced colleagues.
- Work experience ina global organization
- An informal and pleasant working environment
- Good terms of employment
- Premium free pension
- Contract based on a 36,25 hour week
If you are interested, please send your CV and motivation letter to HR_NL@accessworld.com or fill in our online form and upload your resume below.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.